Molding a lump of clay

Molding a lump of clay
I am a work in progress, molded by my Maker, refined by His fire, shaped with His love. Walk the journey with me.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

A life sentence...

John has waited 16 years for this...I've waited 12. Not that we were really waiting. We were just living our lives one day at a time and following God the best we could.

John and I met here in Uganda. We even got married here, in Soroti. And 2 of our 3 children were born here in the capital city, Kampala.

Over the years, Uganda has become our home.

So when we received the text message saying, "You have been given a life sentence," at first I thought it was one of those clever Easter texts talking about Jesus' death and resurrection. But then it went on to say that we needed to send in our 1 million Ugandan shillings...which ruled out Jesus because He paid the price freely.

With dawning clarity, I realized we'd been granted Permanent Residency.

Whoo hoo!!! Yippee!! Skip to my lou!!

Once the truth sunk in, John and I were ecstatic! After all these years, we are privileged to become permanent residents of Uganda. That means no more visas or work permits! Yay!!!

It really is an honour to be accepted as residents of this beautiful country. We have made many close friendships with the Ugandan people, and residents of neighboring countries. It is a joy to live here in the "Pearl of Africa."

We would like to say 'Thank you' to the people of Uganda who have loved us, lived with us, and accepted us. May God bless you so much!










John met me in Kampala and we headed over to the Immigration office to sign our certificates





















Standing outside the Immigration offices
























We had to put our thumbprints on the certificates
















And then celebrated with a lovely dinner at the Thai restaurant














Let the drums roll please.....





Yay!!!!


4 comments:

Jennie Joy said...

WOW VIKKI! This is SO wonderful! I can just imagine your excitement!

Congratulations!!! :D!!!

Mikki said...

YEA!! Congratulations. How wonderful!!

Laurie Ann said...

Congratulations! This is wonderful news!

Marysol said...

WOW, WOW, WOW! What amazing news. I can only dream & imagine! Thanks for sharing