Molding a lump of clay

Molding a lump of clay
I am a work in progress, molded by my Maker, refined by His fire, shaped with His love. Walk the journey with me.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Belated Christmas pics


I know, it's nearly the middle of January, but I seem to be lagging behind already this year. I'm not sure how to catch up...but I'm hoping it happens soon. Maybe getting this post up will finish off last year for me and enable me to get back into the present.

So here goes....

<-- Our Christmas tree was quite large and wild this year, but the kids had fun decorating it and we enjoyed watching the lights twinkle at night for the few minutes we had before the solar system started beeping annoyingly at us.








Thanks to Christy and the care group
from Foothills Community Church,
the boys had new shirts to wear... -->










<-- ...and Kezi had a new dress! Rachel and Faidha also had new dresses (I don't think Kezi could have pulled off that lime green like they did!)








In proper British style,
we pulled crackers before dinner.
The kids needed some help
getting their arms in position. -->








<-- Guests Osobi, Fatu and John enjoyed wearing their crowns and playing with the toys inside the crackers...
















...although John needed a little help
with his crown. -->










<-- The manly men carved up the turkey (bought from the Social Welfare Officer at the main men's prison in town).












And then it was time for the
big people to pull their crackers.
Munduru and Betty couldn't stop laughing. -->












<-- It was a wonderful time of fellowship
and friends as we celebrated our King's
birthday.








After the meal
we attempted to work it off
with a bit of Wii hula hooping...
Betty was absolutely hilarious! -->













<-- Katie and Jeff took the exercise up a level
with Wii boxing and some snow boarding.













After all the fun and games, we pretty much collapsed. Even our hound Toffee
was worn out.

Now I really understand the term
'dog-tired'. -->


No comments: