Molding a lump of clay

Molding a lump of clay
I am a work in progress, molded by my Maker, refined by His fire, shaped with His love. Walk the journey with me.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Loyalty

Loyalty: something we already are that surfaces in the test. A readiness; a preparedness that comes into action at the point of need.

Example - I am loyal to my husband. Therefore I have determined in advance to reject any temptations to commit adultery. I am prepared to be faithful.

Loyalty to Christ... am I steadfast in my resolve to spend my life serving Him? Is He King over every decision, every thought, every deed? When the going gets tough, do I try to back out, get stressed, cast blame, throw a pity-party? Or have I predetermined my loyalty to Christ no matter what?

How easy to automatically reply..."Yes!! Of course I am and always will be loyal to Christ!"... especially when things are going well.

But when the fire comes, when the furnace is cranked up 7 times hotter than before, will I stand like Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego and refuse to save my own skin whether or not God saves it?

Can I predetermine to be loyal to my King no matter what comes? Will that readiness be enough?

For sure more battles, more tests, more fires lay ahead.

Lord, work in my heart now to fight the battles well, to pass the tests with integrity, to pass through the fires courageously, so when the time comes, I'll be able to stand firm and say, "Daddy's got my back."

No comments: